Take action to prevent drowning
There are many ways you can become involved as a lifesaver. This can range from learning new skills which you could use to save a life, becoming a member and participating in a wide range of exciting and rewarding life saving and swimming activities, getting a recognised life saving qualification or by making a donation to help us provide lifesaving information and training to Kiwis across Aotearoa.
World Drowning Prevention Day - 25 July
On this day, and every other day, we're asking Kiwis to join us in taking action to end drowning.
- Give your child the skills to enjoy the water safely.
- Keep watch to keep your child safe around water.
- Keep your little ones within arms' reach around water.
- Check your pool fence and make sure the latch closes.
- Make the right call and avoid alcohol and drugs around water.
- Wear a lifejacket when you are fishing or boating.
- Check the weather forecast and water conditions before boating.
- Challenge yourself to do your Bronze Medallion.
- Start a career as a pool lifeguard or swimming and water safety teacher.
- Enroll in a First Aid course and learn CPR skills.
Every small step we individually take can help save lives.